1. What is Internet Marketing?
- Internet marketing is an online form of commission selling. The Internet Marketer becomes a commissioned salesperson for various companies.
- Through online websites or blogs the Marketer will provide links to the products that are being searched on the web.
- The magic of this medium allows anyone to become a conduit that brings together an audience with the products they are looking for.
- This is also called Affiliate Marketing.
2. Is this a Scam?
- This business model is completely legitimate. There are many charlatans out on the web. Make sure that you do your research and choose a company that you can trust.
- It takes time and effort to develop any business and this is no different.
- It can make you money and is a good way to add additional income to your household.
3. Can I really make money at this?
- This business model is not a get rich quick scheme.
- It will take some time to develop your online presence and drive traffic to your web properties. It is a way to make legitimate money.
- With time and concerted effort you can make a living at this.
- Starting up a business, however, is a risk that not everyone should undertake.
- If you feel that you are up to the challenge, there is money to be made online.
4. Will I need to stock products and ship them myself?
- This business model does not require that you buy products and ship them to your customers.
- The vendors take care of shipping products and will pay you a commission based on the sales that you drive to their sales sites.
5. How long will this take?
- The amount of time involved in this endeavor varies.
- Some people make money right from the start and some take a year or more to get their online presence established and make sales.
- The average is around 6 months. This is not a hard and fast rule.
- Everything takes effort and action. The more you put in the faster it happens.
6 How much writing is involved?
- There is not a way to sugar coat this issue. There is a significant amount of writing involved with this.
- The good part of this is that your writing does not have to be formal, you are not creating a doctoral thesis here. In fact, the more familiar and conversational your writing, the better it does.
- Sitting down and writing a quick e-mail to a friend is the most effective sales copy that you can write.
7. What do I sell?
- Pick something that you are already familiar with and there is a good chance that there are products available in this area (Niche) that you can sell.
- The magic in this business is that there is a ready market on the internet for just about anything you can think of. Need to clear up your acne? Yup, there’s a way to sell this. Want to lose some weight, make a canoe, learn how to build a chicken coop?
- There are products available for just about anything. You choose your focus and start promoting your passion.
8. How do I get paid?
- The vendors that you sign up with will keep track of your sales and pay you on your sales over the current interval. The interval may be monthly, bi-weekly or weekly depending on the vendor. Most vendors can remit a check or will pay by PayPal.
9. It’s all so confusing, where can I get help?
- If you get stuck, you can contact me from the Contact Page on this site. Leave a message on my contact page and I can point you to resources that will help you to succeed with this.
- The best resource that I have found is Wealthy Affiliate . This is a group of people that are dedicated to the advancement of Internet Marketing and are focused on helping people to be successful with their efforts.
- If you need immediate help, leave a comment below and I will respond with your answer as soon as I can.